Sunday, October 21, 2007

I must stop


If you've talked to me recently and asked how things are going, I probably mentioned Sarah and how hard it is to be a mother. I'm realizing more and more that sometimes I probably sound like a pessimist and I should stop complaining so much. It probably sounds like Sarah is a bad, hard baby but in all reality she is so great! I'm sure she's actually easier than some, but she is my first and I have nothing to compare her to. I have no problem admitting that parenting and figuring out what Sarah needs is hard, but I don't feel like I've given Sarah enough credit. I need to start mentioning all the good things about her....like the fact (as Ed mentioned)...that she is sleeping about 7 hours at a time during the nights, she has a smile that will make you melt, and although she has her bouts of fussiness, she's a pretty happy kid. The majority of our days are spent admiring what a sweet spirit she has and how adorable she is.
This week Sarah.....graduated to size 1 diapers, she loves her swing & bouncer, her hair is growing back in and she is more and more responsive.


What about Ed and I? Although we choose to talk a lot about Sarah...we're still here. :) We're good. Ed's work has been a little slower than usual so both Sarah and I have enjoyed having him around. We are so lucky to be in the situation we are and to spend so much time together. We need to take advantage of Ed's slow weeks. Previous to now his fellow perfusionists have joked that Ed is the black cloud when it comes to working. :)
I have started to do some hair here and there, and I am finally starting to cook dinner and treats on a regular basis. :) Besides our home time, both Ed and I have committed to run a leg for the relay at the Cal marathon in Sacramento this December. Ed will run almost 6 miles and I will run between 7 and 13. We're excited to spend a weekend with our friends. They are so fun to be around and such great motivators. We've spent a lot of our time rekindling friendships to fill the void of being away from family. Thank goodness for our friends, but we look forward to seeing family again at Christmas.


Sarah's first flight

6 comments:

jularun7 said...

loved the post, linds. things are really coming together for you guys. we miss you already! see you december.

Courtney said...

wow, if you are up to running that much that soon...

Krista said...

okay, I'm a little nervous now. I think like most expectant mothers all I think about is how awesome and perfect life will be with the new babe...and forget the reality of the responsibility, work and frustration. Thanks for the reality check!

Eve said...

lindz- I love how you just keep it real. Plus that is awesome that you are already running again, you go girl!
XOXO
Eve

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

will you email me that picture of all us girls? The one on the side bar? How are you? We still need to get together.

Patty said...

I am so glad that you are doing well and getting into the swing of being a new mom. I am just loving our little Brian. He is so awsome. I can't get enough of him. So are you still planning on running the Salt Lake half with me in April? I hope so. Love ya, Patty