Thursday, February 14, 2008

Skin dramarama update

Just thought I'd give a quick update about my horrid skin. I went into the dermatologist last Thursday and got a Prednizone (sp?) shot. Along with the shot I was prescribed a bunch of drugs to take. I was really emotional at my appointment after not sleeping for 3+ nights and it didn't help that when I asked the dermatologist if the drugs she prescribed were okay to take while breast feeding, her answer, "It should be okay", was not very comforting. "Should be okay"!!! What does that mean? I'm going to need a little bit more than a "should be okay" when it comes to my baby's health! Whatever! Ed and I will not be seeing that dermatologist again. I left my appointment so confused and uninformed. Sometimes that's the hard part about drugs. There are a bunch of things that COULD happen. I at least want to know about what COULD happen. We took the precautions we thought necessary and gave Sarah formula (for the first time) for a couple of days. I was a little worried she might reject it, but to my comfort she took it like a champ. Thanks to Kaylynn I took Ambian for about 3 nights after to make sure I got some sleep. My skin has slowly recovered after practically completely peeling off. I'm like a snake. :) SSSSSSSS (as Leah would say) Now I'm sleeping again (besides when Sarah wakes in the night) and my skin is still dry, but feels much softer and better...for now at least! Cross your fingers please!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is so frustrating, yeah like "should be" is an answer, she should have admitted she didn't know, that's pretty careless if you ask me. I'm sorry that she is a moron, but I'm glad things are getting better!

PartyofFive said...

You seriously should have walked in and specifically asked for Mometasone Furoate cream usp 0.1% I tell you it's a miracle cream and if I can put it on my little Sky you can surely put it on yourself and not worry about your breastmilk. I refuse to take any sort of "pill" while I'm nursing. So if you don't clear up or even if you do, you should get some of this cream. It would be a good thing to have on hand. For a year I battled with Sky's poor skin and now I just do a little touch up here and there. I'm telling you... this is a "swear by" item!