Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bday Night Away

Since Kai was a little young for us to leave for Ed's bday weekend (nov 15th), we decided to plan a one night getaway for both of our birthdays (jan 26th). Kristen made it possible and was so sweet and accommodating to sleep at our house with our kids for the night.

We went to a place in Calistoga, CA (near Napa) called Indian Springs for the night. Thanks for the referral Rebecca.
^Ed showing us into our cottage
^ It was pouring rain all weekend, but it made it romantic. Ed was a little bummed he couldn't drive his car super fast through the windy roads of Napa.
^ The pool house that has an olympic size hot tub pool heated by the hot springs.
^At the pool house
^What would Napa be without some wine. Our version was non-alcoholic wine aka grape juice. :) It was good.

^ We ended our trip with some complimentary mud baths and some massages at the spa. The mud bath experience is another story... :) but all in all it was a nice rejuvenating night away. Thanks babe! Happy Birthday to us!


^And the only other "my bday" pic I have. It was a great day though. :) It was celebrated multiple times. This night was with my girlfriends, the other night was a jewelry/bday party I threw and took no pictures. I got lots of jewelry for my birthday. On the actual day I slept in until Ed surprised me with waffles in bed. Then he got me flowers and we went to dinner and the spa. The next day he sent me away shopping with friend to purchase my own gifts. Perfect. 28 will be a good year.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Happy Birthday! (A little late.) Glad you got spoiled. What a sweet husband you have!